Friday, 15 February 2013

Products I Have Been Loving Lately

Every so often I like to let you all in on which products have been floating my boat of late.  You will know by now that I am all about the glowy skin so any kind of illuminating product is sure to catch my attention.  Let's talk about Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector in Rose Shimmer...


'A radiance-boosting complexion perfector that smoothes and evens skin tone for a more luminous glow and a fresh, radiant, healthy-looking complexion. This lightweight texture glides on effortlessly, illuminating the complexion and promoting a long-wearing natural finish. Can be used alone, under or mixed-in with your usual foundation'.


This gorgeous illuminator has everything you could possibly want from a radiance-inducing liquid formulation.  It has a lightweight formula that primes the skin perfectly for foundation and you only need a couple of pumps for your whole face.  I like to mix it in with my moisturiser of choice.  I love the fact it comes in a tube with a pump applicator because, as all of us beauty bloggers are aware, it's the most hygienic and fuss-free way of applying a product.


It definitely evens out your complexion and gives your skin that lovely glow-from-within quality.  It comes in three shades; rose shimmer, champagne shimmer and bronze shimmer. I personally hardly ever skip an illuminating product in my daily routine because it just gives you that little extra something that makes your skin look flawless and healthy.


I have had my eye on a few of the products from Wild About Beauty and these two certainly didn't disappoint:


Ultra Sheer Powder Blush in Bella and Nutrilips Balm in Lorella.

Our ultra fine, sheer-colour powder blusher glides on to the skin beautifully, instantly adding a healthy flush of long-lasting colour to your complexion. With key beneficial ingredients such as Vitamins C, E and soothing Aloe Vera, our Ultra Sheer Powder Blush keeps skin nourished whilst giving your skin a natural, fresh ‘pinched cheek’ look'.

'A super rich, hydrating and soothing lip balm has a subtle colour tint for a soft and natural finish. With key beneficial ingredients such as Shea Butter and Vitamin E, Nutrilips Balm will keep your lips supple, conditioned and nourished for longer'.




The Sheer Powder Blush in Bella is a perfect shade if you are partial to a peach pop of colour on your cheeks.  This is one of the strongest peach shades I have in my collection and it's great for breathing a bit of life into a tired complexion.  The formula is gorgeous - silky and lightweight - I only need one tap of the brush on the pan to get the right amount of pigment.  The finish of this blush is satin with a radiant glow, no sparkly bits here to speak of.  The colour is definitely build-able so if you prefer a stronger look, then this blush can deliver that too.  I really like the intricate nature-inspired design on the pan too. Love it!


The balm has graced my handbag for the last couple of weeks and I have to say that it's one of the best I have ever tried.  I mean it's up there with my By Terry Baume De Rose, Rodial GlamBalm and Korres Lip Butters. At £13.00 I feel like it's at just the right price point too.  The formula is creamy, with a gorgeous slightly sheer pigment.  The Lorella shade is a cool-toned pink that really does creates that 'my lips but better' effect.  As you can see in the pics here, it gives a lovely glossy finish with just a little colour.  I have it in my handbag at all times now and I will definitely be picking up the other two shades.



After being tempted away by Xen Tan and St Moritz, I recently went back to using the St Tropez tanning system.  Nothing adds that lovely glow to my legs like St Tropez and believe me, they could use all the help they can get!  They have been cruelly starved of sunshine for some time now.  I have a bodycon dress or two lined up for some special occasions coming soon so I definitely need to get my tan on for that.


I think by now every man and his dog has tried St Tropez self tan.  I also think there's a very good reason for this.  I have always been a fan of St Tropez however I definitely prefer their foaming mousse formula because it's so much easier to work with.  I apply mine with latex gloves to avoid the dreaded stained palms.  I sometimes use the mitts but more often than not, some tan sneaks through and stains my fingernails.  Not a good look.  The Body Polish is a great way to prep your skin in the shower and I find that using it with an exfoliating glove gives the best results.  The Body moisturiser is a great oil-free formula that sinks into your skin in no time, leaving the perfect canvas for application of the tan.

The St Tropez foaming mousse is easy to apply with a a mitt or gloves and the olive tone to the formula ensures a lovely, natural tan.  If you use the body polish and moisturiser during applications then you can avoid any patchy areas as the tan wears off.

Which products have been setting your world alight these past few weeks?

4 comments:

  1. A few new things to add to my shopping list! Love the look of that instant perfector especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely products! I discovered that lately I really love Clarins haha so I'll give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some more products from Wild About Beauty, the blush looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)