Thursday, 14 March 2013

Key Spring Shades: Yellow

Yellow has to be the ultimate pick me up colour that never fails to make us feel brighter, lighter and more Spring-like.  All this snow that has been dumped on the UK this week has really intensified my need for Spring-time clothes in cheery shades, despite the fact that they would be completely impractical for the present conditions.

I have found myself lusting after shades of yellow - be it fluoro, pastel shades or intense marigold.  I just wanted to share a few pieces I have my eye on and intend to pick up towards the end of March.  The great thing is these shades will last all the way through summer - or at least the short bursts of sunshine we get here in the UK.



I love this deep marigold yellow because it feels slightly more grown up, looks great with a tan and lends itself well to neutral outfits with grey tones.



I love Topshop's colourful take on leopard print - this top would be perfect teamed with skirts, skinny jeans and shorts.  It would work well on it's own or smartened up with a short jacket or blazer.



Ever since I spotted an image of someone on Pinterest wearing a khaki buttoned up blouse with a neon yellow collar necklace, I have been lusting over something similar.  An unlikely colour combo I know but it packs a mean punch and I fully intend to wear it.



I have been searching for the perfect yellow bag recently and this version from Zara ticks all the boxes - versatile toned-down shade, functional and with lovely detailing.  Perfect for my Spring/Summer wardrobe!



A great way to update outfits is always to add key accessories and this neon yellow belt will breathe new life into any of my LBD's in my wardrobe.  It would also add a nice pop of colour to my plain skinny jeans and highlight my waist with mini or maxi skirts.  At such a low price point, it would be rude not to pick this beauty up!



I love how feminine and floaty this Mango summer dress is - perfect for a summer wedding or other special occasion.  The metallic belt is the perfect contrast and subtly highlights the waist.  I would actually prefer it without the straps and luckily they are detachable.



This short jacket would be gorgeous with the black leather skirt I bought recently and would smarten up any outfit with a fun, colourful edge.  I think it does work best when paired with darker colours though for ultimate impact and contrast.



These pumps would be a fun way to add a touch of colour to more toned-down outfits and feature a laser-cut design that is so pretty.

Are you listing after yellow for Spring/Summer? What are your current must-have items?

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm loving yellow at the moment :)

    I've tagged you in a post - The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag - a few questions about beauty routines! Hope you can take part, if not then don't worry! Here's the link:

    http://www.artstylelove.com/2013/03/the-procrastinating-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow too - when you find the right shade for your colouring it looks great. Also attracted to mint green at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dress and shoes both are outstanding... i m so have to get this suggestions. its a great idea's for the dress selection...
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/sport-tek/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the right shades of yellow can make everything seem brighter. However, there are some shades of yellow that can be an eye sore.


    Please Visit my website: PhD Scholarships

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect collection of the yellow color. They are suitable for the fall fashion. It's better to add bracelets.

    Best TEFL trainings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post, quite like reading your blog :)

    Supersoar Laser

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)